HB 1241: Ordering of Medication
GENERAL BILL by Plasencia ; Campbell ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Costello ; Edwards
Ordering of Medication; Providing that a pharmacist may dispense an emergency opioid antagonist pursuant to a non-patient-specific standing order for an autoinjection delivery system or intranasal application delivery system; revising the authority of a licensed physician assistant to order medication under the direction of a supervisory physician for a specified patient; revising the term "prescription" to exclude an order for drugs or medicinal supplies dispensed for administration; authorizing a licensed practitioner to authorize a licensed physician assistant or advanced registered nurse practitioner to order controlled substances for a specified patient under certain circumstances, etc.
Last Action: 3/28/2016 - Chapter No. 2016-145, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 423 (Ch. 2016-224)
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 104
• Referred to Health Innovation Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 228
• On Committee agenda-- Health Innovation Subcommittee, 01/25/16, 12:30 pm, 306 HOB
• Favorable by Health Innovation Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 289
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 289
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 02/04/16, 1:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 399
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 399
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/01/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 629
• Amendment(s) adopted (544245) -HJ 629
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 656
• Passed as amended; YEAS 117 NAYS 1 -HJ 657
• In Messages
• Referred to Health Policy; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 591
• Received -SJ 591
• Withdrawn from Health Policy; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 618
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 618
• Substituted for CS/SB 152 -SJ 618
• Read 2nd time -SJ 618
• Amendment(s) adopted (173452, 646650) -SJ 619
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 709
• Passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 710
• In returning messages
• Was taken up -HJ 936
• Concurred in 2 amendment(s) (173452, 646650) -HJ 937
• Passed as amended; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 937
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 937
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -HJ 1434
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-145, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 423 (Ch. 2016-224)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.