SB 1412: Orders of No Contact
GENERAL BILL by Simmons
Orders of No Contact; Revising the requirements for notifying a defendant of a no contact order if issued by the court as a condition of pretrial release, etc.
- Judiciary (JU)
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Judiciary; Criminal Justice; Rules -SJ 189
• Introduced -SJ 189
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/26/16, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/08/16, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 303
• Now in Criminal Justice -SJ 303
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/22/16, 2:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 473
• Now in Rules -SJ 473
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/29/16, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 497
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 497
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 531
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 635
• Passed; YEAS 31 NAYS 0 -SJ 635
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 834
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/07/16
• Received -HJ 834
• Read 2nd time -HJ 870
• Substituted for CS/HB 969 -HJ 870
• Amendment(s) adopted (179103) -HJ 870
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 905
• Passed as amended; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 906
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (179103) -SJ 961, 962
• Passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 962
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 962
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-204
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.