CS/CS/SB 160: Ad Valorem Tax Exemption for Deployed Servicemembers
GENERAL BILL by Fiscal Policy ; Community Affairs ; Gaetz
Ad Valorem Tax Exemption for Deployed Servicemembers; Revising the military operations or deployments that qualify a servicemember deployed in support of such an operation or deployment in the previous calendar year for an additional ad valorem tax exemption; providing an extended deadline and specifying procedures for filing an application for such tax exemption for a qualifying deployment during the 2014 and 2015 calendar years; providing refund procedures for servicemembers who were on qualifying deployments for more than 365 days during the 2014 and 2015 calendar years, etc.
Last Action: 2/11/2016 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7023 (Ch. 2016-26) -SJ 398
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Finance and Tax (FT)
- Fiscal Policy (FP)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Finance and Tax; Fiscal Policy -SJ 14
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 10/20/15, 12:30 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 127
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Finance and Tax -SJ 127
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax, 11/02/15, 1:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Finance and Tax; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 125
• Now in Fiscal Policy -SJ 125
• Introduced -SJ 14
• CS by Community Affairs read 1st time -SJ 108
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 01/20/16, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 239
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 239
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/28/16
• CS/CS by Fiscal Policy read 1st time -SJ 239
• Retained on Calendar
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/10/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 340
• Amendment(s) adopted (413928) -SJ 340
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 340
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 398
• Substituted HB 7023 -SJ 398
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7023 (Ch. 2016-26) -SJ 398
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.