HB 501: Conservation Easements
GENERAL BILL by McGhee
Conservation Easements; Deletes requirement that exemption for conservation easement must be renewed annually; provides that property owner is not required to file renewal application until use of property no longer complies with conservation easement requirements or restrictions.
Last Action: 3/3/2016 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 190 (Ch. 2016-110) -HJ 718
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee; Finance and Tax Committee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 44
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee, 12/02/15, 4:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 164
• Now in Finance and Tax Committee -HJ 164
• Introduced -HJ 44
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax Committee, 02/03/16, 11:30 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Finance and Tax Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 384
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 384
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 02/10/16, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 436
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 436
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/03/16
• Substituted CS/SB 190 -HJ 718
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 190 (Ch. 2016-110) -HJ 718
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.