CS/HB 503: Judgments
GENERAL BILL by Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Renner
Judgments; Provides definitions for purposes of ch. 56, F.S.; revises terminology; provides that execution is valid & effective during life of order on which it is issued; specifies that persons to whom Notice to Appear has been issued may obtain possession of property levied on by complying with certain procedures; provides for issuance of Notice to Appear; provides for fraudulent transfer claims; provides for discovery in proceedings supplementary.
Last Action: 2/17/2016 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 1042 (Ch. 2016-33) -HJ 476
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Appropriations Committee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 44
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 12/02/15, 8:30 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 166
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Original reference(s) removed: Appropriations Committee
• CS referred to Judiciary Committee -HJ 156
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 156
• Introduced -HJ 44
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 149
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 01/21/16, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 251
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 251
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/17/16
• Substituted CS/SB 1042 -HJ 476
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 1042 (Ch. 2016-33) -HJ 476
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.