CS/CS/HB 75: Electronic Monitoring Devices
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Criminal Justice Subcommittee ; Torres ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Plakon ; Stark ; Watson, C.
Electronic Monitoring Devices; Prohibits person from removing, destroying, altering, tampering with, damaging, or circumventing operation of electronic monitoring device being worn or used pursuant to court order or order by Florida Commission on Offender Review; prohibits request, authorization, or solicitation of person to perform such act; specifies that DOC may electronically monitor offender sentenced to community control when court has imposed electronic monitoring as condition of community control.
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 12
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 11/04/15, 10:30 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 159
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Justice Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 155
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations Subcommittee, 11/18/15, 1:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 161
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 161
• Introduced -HJ 12
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 137
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/04/16, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 406
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 405
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 401
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 540
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 571
• CS passed; YEAS 111 NAYS 3 -HJ 571
• Immediately certified -HJ 571
• In Messages
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Fiscal Policy -SJ 495
• Received -SJ 495
• Withdrawn from Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Fiscal Policy -SJ 485
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 485
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 954 -SJ 485
• Read 2nd time -SJ 485
• Read 3rd time -SJ 485
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 485
• Immediately certified -SJ 494
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 591
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -HJ 640
• Approved by Governor -HJ 928
• Chapter No. 2016-15
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.