CS/HB 987: Solid Waste Management
GENERAL BILL by Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee ; Drake
Solid Waste Management; Authorizes specified percentage of funds from Solid Waste Management Trust Fund to be used for funding waste tire abatement program; establishes solid waste landfill closure account within Solid Waste Management Trust Fund; authorizes DEP to use account funds to contract with third party for closure & long-term care of solid waste management facilities under specified circumstances; provides for deposit of certain insurance policy funds; authorizes DEP to use funds to pay for or reimburse specified expenses; revises eligibility criteria for small-county consolidated grant program; authorizes waste tire abatement programs under such program; eliminates waste tire abatement program supported by solid waste management grant program; removes distribution requirements.
Last Action: 3/7/2016 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 922 (Ch. 2016-174), CS/CS/CS/HB 589 (Ch. 2016-130) -HJ 888
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee; Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 85
• Introduced -HJ 84
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee, 02/02/16, 10:30 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 364
• Now in Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 364
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/09/16, 9:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS by Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 436
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 432
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 451
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 02/18/16, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 508
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 508
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/07/16
• Substituted CS/SB 922 -HJ 888
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 922 (Ch. 2016-174), CS/CS/CS/HB 589 (Ch. 2016-130) -HJ 888
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.