HB 989: Implementation of the Water and Land Conservation Constitutional Amendment
GENERAL BILL by Harrell ; Caldwell ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Albritton ; Campbell ; Cortes, B. ; Diaz, J. ; Dudley ; Eagle ; Fitzenhagen ; Gonzalez ; Hager ; Jacobs ; Kerner ; Lee ; Magar ; Mayfield ; Pafford ; Passidomo ; Pilon ; Rader ; Raschein ; Rehwinkel Vasilinda ; Renner ; Rodrigues, R. ; Rodriguez, J. ; Spano ; Stevenson ; Watson, C. ; Williams ; Young
Implementation of the Water and Land Conservation Constitutional Amendment; Requiring specified amounts of funds within the Land Acquisition Trust Fund to be appropriated for certain projects; providing a preference in the use of funds distributed for Everglades restoration projects for projects that reduce harmful discharges to the St. Lucie estuary and the Caloosahatchee estuary; requiring such appropriations to be reduced by an amount equal to the debt service paid on bonds issued for specified purposes, etc.
• Referred to Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee; Appropriations Committee -HJ 85
• Introduced -HJ 85
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee, 01/28/16, 1:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 323
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 323
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 02/09/16, 3:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Appropriations Committee; YEAS 24 NAYS 0 -HJ 437
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 437
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/01/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 633
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 661
• Passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 1 -HJ 661
• In Messages
• Referred to Environmental Preservation and Conservation; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 589
• Received -SJ 589
• Withdrawn from Environmental Preservation and Conservation; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 937
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 937
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1168 -SJ 937
• Read 2nd time -SJ 937
• Amendment(s) adopted (153680) -SJ 937
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1434
• Passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 1434
• In returning messages
• Was taken up -HJ 1432
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (153680) -HJ 1432
• Passed as amended; YEAS 113 NAYS 1 -HJ 1432
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1433
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-201
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.