CS/HB 743: Steroid Use in Racing Greyhounds
GENERAL BILL by Tourism and Gaming Control Subcommittee ; Smith ; Miller, A. ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Abruzzo ; Daniels ; Fine ; Grall ; Jacobs ; Jenne ; Killebrew ; Massullo ; Plasencia ; Russell ; Slosberg ; Stevenson ; Toledo
Steroid Use in Racing Greyhounds; Provides that positive test result for anabolic steroids in greyhound results in violation.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Died in Regulated Industries
Bill Text: PDF
- Regulated Industries (RI)
- Rules (RC)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Tourism and Gaming Control Subcommittee; Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 86
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Tourism and Gaming Control Subcommittee, 03/08/17, 1:30 pm, Webster Hall
• Introduced -HJ 86
• CS by Tourism and Gaming Control Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 336
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Tourism and Gaming Control Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 380
• Original reference(s) removed: Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Commerce Committee -HJ 389
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 389
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 03/22/17, 9:15 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 23 NAYS 5 -HJ 452
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 452
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/18/17
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/19/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 744
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 774
• CS passed; YEAS 84 NAYS 32 -HJ 774
• In Messages
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Rules; Appropriations -SJ 456
• Received -SJ 456
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Regulated Industries
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.