CS/CS/SB 766: Payment Card Offenses
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Criminal Justice ; Rodriguez ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Young ; Farmer ; Stewart ; Powell
Payment Card Offenses; Revising the offenses of using a scanning device or reencoder with the intent to defraud; prohibiting the use of a skimming device with intent to defraud; prohibiting the possession, sale, or delivery of a skimming device, etc.
Last Action: 4/28/2017 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 343 (Ch. 2017-81) -SJ 547
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 94
• Introduced -SJ 94
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 04/03/17, 1:30 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 292
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 295
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice -SJ 292
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 04/18/17, 1:30 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 443
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 443
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/25/17, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 478
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 478
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/17
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 480
• Read 2nd time -SJ 502
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 547
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 343 -SJ 547
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 343 (Ch. 2017-81) -SJ 547
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.