CS/CS/HB 1107: Public Records/Workers' Compensation
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Albritton
Public Records/Workers' Compensation; Providing an exemption from public records requirements for the personal identifying information of an injured or deceased employee which is contained in reports, notices, records, or supporting documentation held by the Department of Financial Services pursuant to the Workers' Compensation Law; providing a criminal penalty for willful and knowing disclosure of such information to an unauthorized person or entity; providing for future review and repeal of the exemption; providing a statement of public necessity, etc.
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 118
• Introduced -HJ 118
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 03/14/17, 2:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 373
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 367
• Now in Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee -HJ 389
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee, 03/28/17, 3:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 491
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 491
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 04/06/17, 1:30 pm, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 25 NAYS 0 -HJ 610
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 608
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 632
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/18/17
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/19/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 737
• Amendment(s) adopted (686415, 928923) -HJ 738
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 767
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 768
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 459
• Received -SJ 459
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 600
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 600
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1008 -SJ 600
• Read 2nd time -SJ 600
• Amendment(s) adopted (127786) -SJ 600
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 662
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 662
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (127786) -HJ 1095
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 120 NAYS 0 -HJ 1095, 1096
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1096
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2017-185
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.