CS/SB 1108: Public Records/Firefighters and their Spouses and Children
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Steube
Public Records/Firefighters and their Spouses and Children; Expanding an exemption from public records requirements for the personal identifying and location information of certain firefighters and their spouses and children to include the personal identifying and location information of former firefighters and their spouses and children, and the names of spouses and children of current and former firefighters; providing for future legislative review and repeal of the exemption; providing a statement of public necessity, etc.
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 120
• Introduced -SJ 120
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/14/17, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 181
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 181
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 03/27/17, 4:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 259
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules -SJ 259
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 266
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/06/17, 10:30 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 319
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 319
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/19/17
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 434
• Read 2nd time -SJ 474
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 525
• CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 525
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 1025
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/02/17
• Received -HJ 1025
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1065
• Substituted for CS/HB 383 -HJ 1065
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1087
• CS passed; YEAS 120 NAYS 0 -HJ 1087
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 755
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2017-96
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.