CS/CS/SB 926: Education
Education; Requiring the Commissioner of Education to contract for an independent study to determine whether a nationally recognized high school assessment may be administered in lieu of the Florida Standards Assessment and the Algebra I end-of-course assessment; authorizing a parent to request and be granted permission for a student’s absence from school for treatment of autism spectrum disorder by a licensed health care practitioner; requiring each district school board to provide students in certain grades with a minimum number of minutes of free-play recess per week and with a minimum number of consecutive minutes of free-play recess per day, etc.
Last Action: 5/4/2017 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/CS/HB 549 -SJ 801
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education; Rules -SJ 106
• Introduced -SJ 106
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/21/17, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building --Discussed/Workshop
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/27/17, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 04/03/17, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 319
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules -SJ 319
• CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 325
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/19/17, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 443
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 443
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 447
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/03/17
• Retained on Special Order Calendar
• Read 2nd time -SJ 801
• Substituted CS/CS/CS/HB 549 -SJ 801
• Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/CS/HB 549 -SJ 801
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.