SB 1474: Teacher Certification
GENERAL BILL by Perry ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Mayfield
Teacher Certification; Requiring the Department of Education to issue a temporary educator certificate within a specified period; requiring the department to provide the applicant an official statement of status of eligibility upon issuance of a temporary certificate; authorizing charter schools and charter management organizations to develop a professional development certification and education competency program, etc.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7069 (Ch. 2017-116)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education; Appropriations -SJ 196
• Introduced -SJ 196
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 04/03/17, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 04/17/17, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 424
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education -SJ 424
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7069 (Ch. 2017-116)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.