CS/HJR 21: Limitations on Property Tax Assessments
JOINT RESOLUTION by Ways and Means Committee ; Burton ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Abruzzo ; Cortes, B. ; Eagle ; Jones ; La Rosa ; Metz ; Plakon ; Stevenson
Limitations on Property Tax Assessments; Proposes amendment to State Constitution to remove future repeal of constitutional provisions that limit amount of annual increases in assessments, except for school district levies, of specified nonhomestead real property.
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Ways and Means Committee; Commerce Committee -HJ 33
• On Committee agenda-- Ways and Means Committee, 02/21/17, 1:00 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by Ways and Means Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 1 -HJ 272
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 268
• Introduced -HJ 33
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 03/09/17, 8:30 am, Webster Hall
• CS by Ways and Means Committee read 1st time -HJ 257
• Favorable by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 24 NAYS 2 -HJ 354
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 354
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/22/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 411
• Amendment(s) adopted (297647) -HJ 411
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 438
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 110 NAYS 3 -HJ 439
• In Messages
• Referred to Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 280
• Received -SJ 280
• Withdrawn from Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 433
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 433
• Substituted for CS/SJR 76 -SJ 433
• Read 2nd time -SJ 433
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 475
• CS passed; YEAS 35 NAYS 0 -SJ 476
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 896
• Signed by Officers and filed with Secretary of State
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.