CS/CS/HB 421: Public Housing Authority Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Shaw
Public Housing Authority Insurance; Authorizes certain entities to join self-insurance funds participated in by public housing authorities for specified purpose; authorizes reinsurance companies to issue coverage directly to certain entities; requires contracts issued to such entities to receive same tax treatment as contracts issued to insurance companies.
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 60
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 03/07/17, 4:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Introduced -HJ 60
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 316
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 312
• Now in Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee -HJ 349
• On Committee agenda-- Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee, 03/15/17, 8:00 am, 12 HOB
• Favorable by Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 372
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 372
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 03/29/17, 8:30 am, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 29 NAYS 0 -HJ 521
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 514
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 527
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 832
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 874
• CS passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 874
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 485
• Received -SJ 485
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 649
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 649
• Substituted for CS/SB 850 -SJ 649
• Read 2nd time -SJ 649
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 728
• CS passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 728
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1099
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2017-104
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.