CS/CS/HB 7: Certificates of Need for Hospitals
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Committee ; Health Innovation Subcommittee ; Miller, A. ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Gruters ; Renner
Certificates of Need for Hospitals; Eliminates certificates of need for hospitals; provides licensure requirements.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Died in Health Policy
Bill Text: PDF
- Health Policy (HP)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Health Innovation Subcommittee; Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 31
• On Committee agenda-- Health Innovation Subcommittee, 02/15/17, 3:30 pm, Reed Hall
• CS by Health Innovation Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 5 -HJ 271
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 268
• On Committee agenda-- Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/07/17, 1:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Introduced -HJ 31
• Favorable by Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 5 -HJ 316
• CS by Health Innovation Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 256
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 316
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 04/06/17, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 12 NAYS 5 -HJ 610
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Health and Human Services Committee read 1st time -HJ 605
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 632
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/18/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 715
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 728
• CS passed; YEAS 75 NAYS 42 -HJ 728
• In Messages
• Referred to Health Policy; Rules -SJ 452
• Received -SJ 452
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Health Policy
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.