CS/CS/HB 813: Flood Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Lee
Flood Insurance; Revising the intervals at which specified standards and guidelines for projecting certain rate filings must be revised by the Florida Commission on Hurricane Loss Projection Methodology; extending the last date of filing with the Office of Insurance Regulation of certain flood coverage rates that may be established and used by an insurer; revising a notice requirement for agents before they place flood insurance coverage with an admitted or surplus lines insurer for properties receiving flood insurance under the National Flood Insurance Program, etc.
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 92
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 03/07/17, 4:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Introduced -HJ 92
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 336
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 332
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 349
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 04/19/17, 8:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 27 NAYS 0 -HJ 786
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 784
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/17
• CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 780
• Read 2nd time -HJ 841
• Amendment(s) adopted (392033) -HJ 841
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 883
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 883
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 488
• Received -SJ 488
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 628
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 628
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 420 -SJ 628
• Read 2nd time -SJ 628
• Amendment(s) adopted (198022) -SJ 629
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 728
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 31 NAYS 0 -SJ 728
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (198022) -HJ 1114
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 1114, 1115
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1115
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2017-142
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.