CS/CS/SB 890: Direct-Support Organizations
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Education ; Bean ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Montford
Direct-Support Organizations; Requiring a contract between an agency and a citizen support organization or direct-support organization to include a provision for the orderly cessation of operations and reversion of state funds within a specified timeframe; requiring that certain proceeds be deposited into the Grants and Donations Trust Fund of the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation, instead of the Florida Endowment Foundation for Vocational Rehabilitation; requiring a specified percentage of certain revenues to be deposited into the Florida Association of Centers for Independent Living special reserve account to administer specified programs; extending the date for future review and repeal of provisions relating to the Florida Endowment for Vocational Rehabilitation Act; requiring the foundation to transfer funds to specified entities for certain purposes, etc.
- Education (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education; Appropriations -SJ 104
• Introduced -SJ 104
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/21/17, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 243
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 248
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education -SJ 243
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education, 04/13/17, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 412
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 412
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/20/17, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 443
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 443
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/26/17 -SJ 477
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 446
• Read 2nd time -SJ 468
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 519
• CS passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 519
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 1024
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/02/17
• Received -HJ 1024
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1065
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 907 -HJ 1065
• Amendment(s) adopted (646599) -HJ 1065, 1068
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1087
• Amendment(s) adopted (049943, 357225) -HJ 1087
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 1087, 1088
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (912975) -SJ 818, 821
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 34 NAYS 1 -SJ 821
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 821
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2017-75
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.