CS/CS/HB 909: Building Code Administrators and Inspectors
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Careers and Competition Subcommittee ; Goodson
Building Code Administrators and Inspectors; Revises eligibility requirements for examination for certification as building code inspector or plans examiner to include internship certification program; removes eligibility condition from provisions related to provisional certificates; requires Florida Building Code Administrators & Inspectors Board to establish rules; authorizes specified entities to contract for provision of building code administrator & building official services.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Died in Community Affairs, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1021 (Ch. 2017-149)
Bill Text: PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Regulated Industries (RI)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Careers and Competition Subcommittee; Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 100
• Introduced -HJ 100
• On Committee agenda-- Careers and Competition Subcommittee, 03/14/17, 9:30 am, Webster Hall
• CS by Careers and Competition Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 372
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Careers and Competition Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 366
• Now in Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee -HJ 389
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee, 03/28/17, 3:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 490
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 490
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 04/06/17, 1:30 pm, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 25 NAYS 0 -HJ 603
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 600
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 615
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/18/17
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/19/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 728
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 751
• CS passed; YEAS 119 NAYS 0 -HJ 751
• In Messages
• Referred to Community Affairs; Regulated Industries; Appropriations -SJ 489
• Received -SJ 489
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Community Affairs, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1021 (Ch. 2017-149)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.