CS/HM 147: Status of Puerto Rico
MEMORIAL by Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee ; Cortes, B. ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Watson, C.
Status of Puerto Rico; Urges Congress to apply law & policy in Puerto Rico without discrimination or inequality & to incorporate Commonwealth of Puerto Rico into United States.
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; Government Accountability Committee -HJ 22
• On Committee agenda-- Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee, 11/08/17, 8:00 am, 12 HOB
• CS by Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 252
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Government Accountability Committee -HJ 250
• Introduced -HJ 22
• On Committee agenda-- Government Accountability Committee, 01/11/18, 10:30 am, Morris Hall
• CS by Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 247
• Favorable by- Government Accountability Committee; YEAS 21 NAYS 0 -HJ 320
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 320
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/24/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 398, 399
• CS adopted -HJ 399
• In Messages
• Referred to Judiciary; Rules -SJ 263
• Received -SJ 263
• Withdrawn from Judiciary; Rules -SJ 965
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 965
• Substituted for SM 940 -SJ 965
• Read 2nd time -SJ 965
• CS adopted -SJ 965
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1111
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.