CS/HB 673: Reporting of Adverse Incidents in Planned Out-of-Hospital Births
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Committee ; Magar ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Edwards-Walpole ; Roth
Reporting of Adverse Incidents in Planned Out-of-Hospital Births; Defines "adverse incident"; requires licensed physicians, certified nurse midwives, or licensed midwives to report an adverse incident & medical summary of events to DOH within specified timeframe; requires department to review adverse incident reports & determine if conduct occurred that is subject to disciplinary action; requires appropriate regulatory board or department to take disciplinary action; requires department to adopt rules; requires department to develop form to be used for reporting of adverse incidents.
Last Action: 3/6/2018 House - Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/SB 510 -HJ 1004
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Health Quality Subcommittee; Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 60
• On Committee agenda-- Health Quality Subcommittee, 01/10/18, 4:00 pm, Mashburn Hall
• Introduced -HJ 60
• Favorable by Health Quality Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 321
• Now in Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 321
• On Committee agenda-- Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee, 01/23/18, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 392
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 392
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 02/01/18, 9:30 am, Morris Hall
• CS by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 488
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Health and Human Services Committee read 1st time -HJ 486
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 491
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/18
• Substituted CS/CS/SB 510 -HJ 1004
• Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/SB 510 -HJ 1004
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.