CS/CS/SB 740: Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Agriculture ; Stargel
Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services; Specifying the methodology for the assessment of certain structures in horticultural production; revising permitting requirements and operating standards for water vending machines; requiring certain liquefied petroleum gas dealers to provide notice within a specified period before rendering a consumer’s liquefied petroleum gas equipment or system inoperable or discontinuing service; providing that delaying or failing to make payment for certain livestock is an unfair and deceptive act, etc.
Last Action: 3/26/2018 - Chapter No. 2018-84, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 568 (Ch. 2018-23)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Agriculture; Appropriations Subcommittee on the Environment and Natural Resources; Appropriations -SJ 59
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture, 01/11/18, 9:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 58
• CS by Agriculture; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 142
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Agriculture read 1st time -SJ 158
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on the Environment and Natural Resources -SJ 142
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on the Environment and Natural Resources, 01/24/18, 9:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on the Environment and Natural Resources; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 228
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 228
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/15/18, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/22/18, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 384
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 384
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 388
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/01/18 -SJ 435
• Read 2nd time -SJ 422
• Amendment(s) adopted (317386, 455400) -SJ 423, 424
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 424
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 555
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 34 NAYS 0 -SJ 556
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 945
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/18
• Received -HJ 945
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1004, 1005
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 553 -HJ 1005
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1040, 1041
• CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 1041
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 882
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2018-84, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 568 (Ch. 2018-23)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.