CS/CS/HB 875: Limitations of Actions Other Than for the Recovery of Real Property
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee ; Leek
Limitations of Actions Other Than for the Recovery of Real Property; Authorizes commencement, within specified timeframe, of certain claims after pleading to which such claims relate; provides applicability.
Last Action: 3/9/2018 House - Ordered enrolled -HJ 1210
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; Agriculture and Property Rights Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 78
• Introduced -HJ 78
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee, 01/17/18, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 364
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 360
• Original reference(s) removed: Agriculture and Property Rights Subcommittee
• CS referred to Judiciary Committee -HJ 369
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 369
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/07/18, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -HJ 550
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 548
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 562
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/20/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 626
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 653
• CS passed; YEAS 112 NAYS 0 -HJ 653, 654
• In Messages
• Referred to Judiciary; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 417
• Received -SJ 417
• Withdrawn from Judiciary; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 943
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 943
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 536 -SJ 943
• Read 2nd time -SJ 943
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1024
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 1025
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1210
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.