CS/HB 1319: Voter Registration Maintenance
GENERAL BILL by Public Integrity and Ethics Committee ; Mariano ; Fischer ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Metz
Voter Registration Maintenance; Requires supervisors of elections to enter into agreements with clerks of circuit courts to receive specified information; requires supervisors of elections to compare certain information with statewide voter registration system; requires DHSMV to furnish monthly to DOS list of persons who identified themselves as aliens; requires DOS to compare such list with statewide voter registration system & provide names of registered voters who are aliens to supervisor of elections of county in which voter is registered.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died in Transportation
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 114
• Referred to Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee; Public Integrity and Ethics Committee -HJ 340
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee, 01/23/18, 3:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 413
• Now in Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 413
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/06/18, 12:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 3 -HJ 535
• Now in Public Integrity and Ethics Committee -HJ 535
• On Committee agenda-- Public Integrity and Ethics Committee, 02/13/18, 3:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by- Public Integrity and Ethics Committee; YEAS 11 NAYS 5 -HJ 601
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Public Integrity and Ethics Committee read 1st time -HJ 600
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 614
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/28/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 724
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 761, 762
• CS passed; YEAS 79 NAYS 34 -HJ 762
• In Messages
• Referred to Transportation; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 730
• Received -SJ 765
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Transportation
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.