CS/SB 1884: Military and Veterans Affairs
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Broxson ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Passidomo ; Baxley ; Bean ; Benacquisto ; Book ; Bracy ; Bradley ; Brandes ; Campbell ; Flores ; Gainer ; Galvano ; Garcia ; Gibson ; Grimsley ; Hukill ; Hutson ; Lee ; Mayfield ; Montford ; Negron ; Perry ; Powell ; Rader ; Rodriguez ; Rouson ; Simmons ; Simpson ; Stargel ; Steube ; Stewart ; Taddeo ; Thurston ; Torres ; Young
Military and Veterans Affairs; Providing requirements relating to licensure or qualification of persons ordered into active duty or state active duty; revising provisions relating to receiving training grants from Florida is for Veterans, Inc.; requiring the Division of State Fire Marshal to waive certain expenses associated with attending the Florida State Fire College; designating March 25 of each year as “Medal of Honor Day”, etc.
Last Action: 3/2/2018 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to CS/HB 29 -SJ 543
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 199
• Introduced -SJ 198
• On Committee agenda-- Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security, 02/01/18, 11:30 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 257
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development -SJ 257
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development, 02/14/18, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 354
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 354
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/22/18, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 384
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 384
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 394
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/18 -SJ 564
• Read 2nd time -SJ 543
• Substituted CS/HB 29 -SJ 543
• Laid on Table, refer to CS/HB 29 -SJ 543
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.