CS/CS/HB 1033: Bicycle Sharing
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Careers and Competition Subcommittee ; Toledo ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Grant, J.
Bicycle Sharing; Provides requirements for bicycles made available for rental or lease by bicycle sharing company; requires bicycle sharing companies, users, or operators to comply with certain regulations; provides company responsibilities; authorizes local governmental entity to issue certain fines to bicycle sharing company; prohibits local governmental entity from limiting or preventing operation of bicycle sharing company or any company engaged in rental of bicycles.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died in Banking and Insurance
Bill Text: PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Careers and Competition Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 89
• Introduced -HJ 89
• On Committee agenda-- Careers and Competition Subcommittee, 01/16/18, 3:00 pm, 216 Capitol
• CS by Careers and Competition Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 1 -HJ 411
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 409
• CS by Careers and Competition Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 405
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 02/22/18, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 23 NAYS 0 -HJ 672
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 670
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/28/18
• CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 666
• Read 2nd time -HJ 710
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 741
• CS passed; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 741
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 442
• Received -SJ 442
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Banking and Insurance
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.