CS/HB 217: Payment of Health Care Claims
GENERAL BILL by Health Innovation Subcommittee ; Hager ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Massullo
Payment of Health Care Claims; Prohibits health insurers & health maintenance organizations from retroactively denying claim.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 House - Died in Health and Human Services Committee
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Health Innovation Subcommittee; Appropriations Committee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 25
• Introduced -HJ 25
• On Committee agenda-- Health Innovation Subcommittee, 01/30/18, 3:30 pm, Mashburn Hall
• CS by Health Innovation Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 2 -HJ 488
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Health Innovation Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 485
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 491
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 02/14/18, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Appropriations Committee; YEAS 21 NAYS 6 -HJ 595
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 595
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Health and Human Services Committee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.