CS/HB 239: Consumer Finance
GENERAL BILL by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Fine
Consumer Finance; Provides maximum delinquency charges that may be charged for consumer loans; revises installment requirements for consumer loans.
Last Action: 3/6/2018 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 386 (Ch. 2018-17) -HJ 1014
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 27
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 11/15/17, 3:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 255
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 250
• Introduced -HJ 27
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 247
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 01/18/18, 10:30 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 26 NAYS 0 -HJ 369
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 369
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/18
• Substituted CS/SB 386 -HJ 1014
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 386 (Ch. 2018-17) -HJ 1014
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.