CS/CS/HB 317: Local Tax Referenda
GENERAL BILL by Government Accountability Committee ; Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee ; Ingoglia ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Avila
Local Tax Referenda; Provides that a referendum to adopt or amend a local discretionary sales surtax must be held at a general election.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died in Community Affairs
Bill Text: PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax (AFT)
- Appropriations (AP)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; Ways and Means Committee; Government Accountability Committee -HJ 31
• On Committee agenda-- Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee, 11/08/17, 8:00 am, 12 HOB
• CS by Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 2 -HJ 253
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Ways and Means Committee -HJ 250
• On Committee agenda-- Ways and Means Committee, 12/05/17, 4:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Ways and Means Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 256
• Now in Government Accountability Committee -HJ 250
• Introduced -HJ 31
• CS by Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 248
• On Committee agenda-- Government Accountability Committee, 01/18/18, 10:30 am, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- Government Accountability Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 3 -HJ 378
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Government Accountability Committee read 1st time -HJ 377
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 390
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/31/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 459
• Read 3rd time -HJ 459
• CS passed; YEAS 84 NAYS 27 -HJ 459
• In Messages
• Referred to Community Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 343
• Received -SJ 343
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Community Affairs
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.