CS/HB 6523: Relief/Ashraf Kamel & Marguerite Dimitri/Palm Beach County School Board
CLAIMS/LOCAL BILL by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee ; Raburn
Relief/Ashraf Kamel & Marguerite Dimitri/Palm Beach County School Board; Provides appropriation from Palm Beach County School Board to compensate Ashraf Kamel & Marguerite Dimitri for wrongful death of child Jean A. Pierre Kamel as result of negligence of school board; provides limitation on payment of fees & costs. CLAIM: $360,000
• Referred to Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 239
• Introduced -HJ 239
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee, 01/30/18, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 475
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 472
• CS by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 471
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/07/18, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 536
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 536
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/28/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 724
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 762
• CS passed; YEAS 112 NAYS 3 -HJ 762
• In Messages
• Referred to Judiciary; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 574
• Received -SJ 574
• Withdrawn from Judiciary; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 838
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 874
• Substituted for SB 48 -SJ 838
• Read 2nd time -SJ 838
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 895
• CS passed; YEAS 34 NAYS 1 -SJ 895
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1114
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2018-191
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.