CS/CS/HB 87: Registration and Titling of Vehicles and Vessels
GENERAL BILL by State Affairs Committee ; Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee ; Ponder ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Andrade ; Bush ; Fischer ; Hill ; Killebrew ; Sabatini ; Watson, C.
Registration and Titling of Vehicles and Vessels; Revises registration periods for certain vehicles; requires DHSMV to prorate registration renewals for customers; authorizes DHSMV or its agent to verify necessary information through electronic file of death records maintained by DOH for surviving spouse of motor vehicle owner when requesting registration certificate & license plate transfer or for new owner or surviving coowner of vessel when applying for transfer of title.
Last Action: 4/3/2019 House - Ordered enrolled -HJ 561
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee; Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 29
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee, 01/23/19, 1:30 pm, Reed Hall
• CS by Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 295
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 294
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/06/19, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 296
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 296
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 02/19/19, 3:00 pm, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 22 NAYS 0 -HJ 299
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 294
• Introduced -HJ 29
• CS by Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 288
• CS/CS by State Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 289
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/20/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 453
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 468
• CS passed; YEAS 109 NAYS 0 -HJ 468
• In Messages
• Referred to Infrastructure and Security; Judiciary; Appropriations -SJ 303
• Received -SJ 303
• Withdrawn from Infrastructure and Security; Judiciary; Appropriations -SJ 310
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 234 -SJ 310
• Read 2nd time -SJ 310
• Read 3rd time -SJ 311
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 311
• Immediately certified -SJ 311
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 561
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.