CS/HB 629: Lottery Games
GENERAL BILL by Gaming Control Subcommittee ; Robinson
Lottery Games; Prohibits use of personal electronic devices to play, store, redeem, sell, or purchase lottery tickets or games; provides exceptions; provides criminal penalties; requires DOL to include specified warning in advertisements or promotions of lottery games; requires contracts entered into between DOL & vendor to include provision that requires vendor to print specified warning on all lottery tickets.
Last Action: 4/24/2019 Senate - Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Amendments)
Bill Text: PDF
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Gaming Control Subcommittee; Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 70
• On Committee agenda-- Gaming Control Subcommittee, 02/20/19, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS by Gaming Control Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 1 -HJ 300
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 295
• Introduced -HJ 70
• CS by Gaming Control Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 294
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/26/19, 12:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 520
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 520
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 04/04/19, 8:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 19 NAYS 1 -HJ 591
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 591
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/17/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 712
• Read 3rd time -HJ 712
• CS passed; YEAS 113 NAYS 2 -HJ 712
• Immediately certified -HJ 734
• In Messages
• Referred to Rules -SJ 396
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/23/19, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Received -SJ 396
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by- Rules (834516); YEAS 11 NAYS 6 -SJ 451
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Amendments)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.