CS/HB 843: Health Care
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Committee ; Rodriguez, A.M. ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Grant, M. ; Leek
Health Care ; Establishing the Dental Student Loan Repayment Program to support dentists who practice in public health programs located in certain underserved areas; requiring the Department of Health to establish the Donated Dental Services Program to provide comprehensive dental care to certain eligible individuals; requiring a hospital to notify a patient's primary care provider within a specified timeframe after the patient's admission; requiring a licensed facility, upon placing a patient on observation status, to immediately notify the patient of such status using a specified form; prohibiting certain health maintenance organizations from employing step-therapy protocols under certain circumstances, etc.
Last Action: 6/26/2019 - Chapter No. 2019-138, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7 (Ch. 2019-105)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Health Market Reform Subcommittee; Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 88
• Introduced -HJ 88
• On Committee agenda-- Health Market Reform Subcommittee, 03/07/19, 9:00 am, Mashburn Hall
• Favorable by Health Market Reform Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 364
• Now in Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 364
• On Committee agenda-- Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/26/19, 12:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -HJ 537
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 537
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 04/03/19, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 584
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 582
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/10/19
• CS by Health and Human Services Committee read 1st time -HJ 580
• Read 2nd time -HJ 609
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 648
• CS passed; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 648
• In Messages
• Referred to Health Policy; Rules -SJ 398
• Received -SJ 397
• Withdrawn from Health Policy; Rules -SJ 560
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/SB 7078 -SJ 561
• Read 2nd time -SJ 561
• Amendment(s) adopted (565298) -SJ 567
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 585
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 585
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (565298) -HJ 1002, 1008
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 1008
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1008
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2019-138, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7 (Ch. 2019-105)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.