CS/SB 1428: Disposition of Surplus Funds by Candidates
Disposition of Surplus Funds by Candidates; Prohibiting a candidate, or the candidate’s spouse, parent, child, or sibling, from serving as a principal of a charitable organization that receives surplus funds or from receiving a direct financial benefit from such organization in exchange for the donation of surplus funds, etc.
• Referred to Ethics and Elections; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 142
• Introduced -SJ 142
• On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 03/20/19, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Ethics and Elections; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 256
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• CS by Ethics and Elections read 1st time -SJ 270
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 04/02/19, 10:00 am, 301 Senate Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 283
• Now in Rules
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Rules
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.