CS/CS/HB 7065: Insurance Assignment Agreements
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Rommel ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Caruso ; Donalds ; Fetterhoff ; Grant, M. ; Leek ; Rodriguez, A.M. ; Roth ; Sabatini ; Sprowls ; Stevenson
Insurance Assignment Agreements; Providing requirements and limitations for property insurance assignment agreements; providing a burden of proof; providing that an assignment agreement does not affect managed repair arrangements under a property insurance policy; providing that an acceptance by an assignee of an assignment agreement is a waiver by the assignee and its subcontractors of certain claims against an insured; specifying an insured's payment obligations under an assignment agreement; requiring notice of intent to initiate litigation, etc.
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 397
• Introduced -HJ 397
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 03/19/19, 3:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 1 -HJ 480
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 477
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 488
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 03/28/19, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 3 -HJ 552
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 550
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 554
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/10/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 614
• Amendment(s) adopted (437797, 738325) -HJ 615, 619
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 653
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 96 NAYS 20 -HJ 654
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 401
• Received -SJ 401
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 412
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/CS/CS/SB 122 -SJ 412
• Read 2nd time -SJ 412
• Amendment(s) failed (663344) -SJ 413
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 450
• CS passed; YEAS 25 NAYS 14 -SJ 450
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 848
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2019-57
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.