CS/HB 1153: Biometric Information Privacy
GENERAL BILL by Civil Justice Subcommittee ; DuBose
Biometric Information Privacy; Establishes requirements & restrictions on private entities as to use, collection, & maintenance of biometric identifiers & biometric information.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 House - Died in Commerce Committee
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Business and Professions Subcommittee; Civil Justice Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 118
• Introduced -HJ 118
• On Committee agenda-- Business and Professions Subcommittee, 03/12/19, 12:30 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Business and Professions Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 1 -HJ 404
• Now in Civil Justice Subcommittee -HJ 404
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 03/25/19, 3:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 1 -HJ 521
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 517
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 536
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Commerce Committee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.