CS/SB 132: Drones
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice ; Rouson
Drones; Defining the terms “dangerous or deadly weapon” and “large-scale event”; authorizing the use of a drone by a law enforcement agency to prepare for or monitor safety and security at a large-scale event; prohibiting a law enforcement agency using a drone in an authorized manner from equipping it with specified attachments or using it to fire projectiles, etc.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 Senate - Died in Infrastructure and Security
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Infrastructure and Security (IS)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Infrastructure and Security; Rules -SJ 42
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/11/19, 2:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 159
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Infrastructure and Security
• Introduced -SJ 42
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 150
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Infrastructure and Security
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.