HB 195: Study of the Bible and Religion
GENERAL BILL by Daniels ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Byrd ; Drake ; Hill ; Overdorf ; Ponder ; Sabatini
Study of the Bible and Religion; Requires each school district to offer specified courses relating to religion, Hebrew Scriptures, & Bible to certain students as elective courses; provides course requirements.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 House - Died in PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to PreK-12 Quality Subcommittee; PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 36
• Introduced -HJ 36
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Quality Subcommittee, 03/07/19, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by PreK-12 Quality Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 3 -HJ 363
• Now in PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 363
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.