The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/SB 442: Postsecondary Education for Certain Military Personnel
Postsecondary Education for Certain Military Personnel; Requiring the Board of Governors and State Board of Education, in consultation with the Department of Veterans’ Affairs, to create a uniform system for the award of postsecondary credit to certain servicemembers and veterans of the United States Armed Forces; requiring specified postsecondary institutions to waive the transcript fee for active duty members of the Armed Forces of the United States, certain veterans, and their spouses and dependents, etc.
• Referred to Education; Military and Veterans Affairs and Space; Appropriations -SJ 63
• Introduced -SJ 63
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/12/19, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 195
• Now in Military and Veterans Affairs and Space
• On Committee agenda-- Military and Veterans Affairs and Space, 03/26/19, 9:30 am, 37 Senate Building
• CS by Military and Veterans Affairs and Space; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 280
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations
• CS by Military and Veterans Affairs and Space read 1st time -SJ 288
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/11/19, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 349
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/19 -SJ 496
• Read 2nd time -SJ 477
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 573
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 574
• In Messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.