CS/CS/HB 447: Construction
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Business and Professions Subcommittee ; Diamond ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Bush ; Eskamani ; Grieco ; Roth
Construction ; Authorizing counties to provide notice to certain persons under certain circumstances; authorizing counties that issue building permits to charge a person a single search fee for a certain amount under certain circumstances; providing exemptions to certain contracting requirements; authorizing a local enforcement agency to close a permit under certain circumstances; authorizing the Florida Building Commission to approve updates to the Florida Building Code without certain findings under certain circumstances; prohibiting a local government from carrying forward more than a specified amount of unexpended revenue, etc.
• Referred to Business and Professions Subcommittee; Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 56
• Introduced -HJ 56
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Business and Professions Subcommittee, 03/19/19, 11:30 am, Webster Hall
• CS by Business and Professions Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 460
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Business and Professions Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 457
• Now in Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee -HJ 478
• On Committee agenda-- Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee, 03/26/19, 8:00 am, 12 HOB
• Favorable by Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 520
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 520
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 04/04/19, 8:00 am, Webster Hall -- Temporarily postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 04/10/19, 8:15 am, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 22 NAYS 0 -HJ 682
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 681
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 743
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 818
• Amendment(s) adopted (758399, 797809) -HJ 818,821
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 866
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 112 NAYS 0 -HJ 867
• In Messages
• Referred to Community Affairs; Innovation, Industry, and Technology; Rules -SJ 501
• Received -SJ 501
• Withdrawn from Community Affairs; Innovation, Industry, and Technology; Rules -SJ 786
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/SB 902 -SJ 786
• Read 2nd time -SJ 786
• Amendment(s) adopted (970072) -SJ 788
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 879
• Motion to reconsider adopted -SJ 880
• Amendment(s) reconsidered, adopted as amended (353614) -SJ 880
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 880
• In returning messages
• Temporarily postponed, on Senate message list -HJ 1256
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (970072) -HJ 1265, 1267
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 109 NAYS 0 -HJ 1267
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1267
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2019-75
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.