CS/CS/HB 593: Postsecondary Fee Waivers
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee ; Trumbull ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Alexander
Postsecondary Fee Waivers; Authorizes certain Florida College System institutions serving counties directly impacted by hurricane to waive out-of-state fees for students for specified time period; provides reporting requirements; provides that students enrolled under such fee waivers may not be included in certain enrollment totals.
• Referred to Higher Education and Career Readiness Subcommittee; Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 68
• On Committee agenda-- Higher Education and Career Readiness Subcommittee, 03/06/19, 9:30 am, Mashburn Hall
• Introduced -HJ 68
• Favorable by Higher Education and Career Readiness Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 352
• Now in Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 352
• On Committee agenda-- Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee, 04/01/19, 1:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 555
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 553
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 565
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 04/09/19, 2:00 pm, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 673
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 672
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/17/19
• CS/CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 670
• Read 2nd time -HJ 695
• Read 3rd time -HJ 695
• CS passed; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 695
• In Messages
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 459
• Received -SJ 459
• Withdrawn from Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 596
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/SB 1164 -SJ 596
• Read 2nd time -SJ 596
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 638
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 638
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1098
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2019-124
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.