HB 861: Local Government Financial Reporting
GENERAL BILL by Roach ; Fernandez-Barquin
Local Government Financial Reporting; Requires county & municipality budget officers to submit certain information to EDR within specified timeframe; requires adopted budget amendments & final budgets to remain posted on each entity's official website for specified period of time; requires EDR to create form by specified date.
Last Action: 5/23/2019 - Chapter No. 2019-56, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 7014 (Ch. 2019-15)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; Appropriations Committee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 90
• Introduced -HJ 90
• On Committee agenda-- Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee, 03/12/19, 8:30 am, 12 HOB
• Favorable by Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 1 -HJ 403
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 403
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 04/02/19, 3:30 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Appropriations Committee; YEAS 29 NAYS 0 -HJ 567
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 567
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 04/08/19, 2:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -HJ 631
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 631
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/17/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 690
• Read 3rd time -HJ 690
• Passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 1 -HJ 691
• In Messages
• Referred to Community Affairs; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 464
• Received -SJ 464
• Withdrawn from Community Affairs; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 804
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for SB 1616 -SJ 804
• Read 2nd time -SJ 804
• Amendment(s) adopted (300314) -SJ 804
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 883
• Passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 1 -SJ 883
• In returning messages
• Refused to concur in 1 amendment(s) (300314) -HJ 1289, 1295
• Requested Senate to recede -HJ 1295
• In returning messages
• Receded from 1 amendment(s) (300314) -SJ 947
• Passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 1 -SJ 947
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1324
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2019-56, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 7014 (Ch. 2019-15)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.