CS/HB 103: Subpoenas
GENERAL BILL by Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Gottlieb ; Fernandez-Barquin
Subpoenas; Revises definition of term "properly served"; authorizes applicant to petition court to compel compliance with subpoena; authorizes court to address noncompliance as indirect criminal contempt & impose daily fine.
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Business and Professions Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 14
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 11/14/19, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 297
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Business and Professions Subcommittee -HJ 383
• On Committee agenda-- Business and Professions Subcommittee, 12/11/19, 12:30 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Business and Professions Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 303
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 303
• Introduced -HJ 14
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 276
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 01/23/20, 12:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 440
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 440
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/19/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 589
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 612
• CS passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 612
• In Messages
• Referred to Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 364
• Received -SJ 364
• Withdrawn from Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 574
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for SB 1002 -SJ 574
• Read 2nd time -SJ 574
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 665
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 665
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1127
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2020-43
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.