CS/SB 1074: Surviving Spouse Ad Valorem Tax Reduction
Surviving Spouse Ad Valorem Tax Reduction; Authorizing the surviving spouses of certain permanently disabled veterans to carry over a certain discount on ad valorem taxes on homestead property under specified conditions; authorizing the discount to be transferred to another permanent residence under specified conditions; authorizing the Department of Revenue to adopt emergency rules, etc.
Last Action: 2/28/2020 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/03/20
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Military and Veterans Affairs and Space; Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 79
• Introduced -SJ 79
• On Committee agenda-- Military and Veterans Affairs and Space, 01/22/20, 8:30 am, 37 Senate Building
• CS by Military and Veterans Affairs and Space; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 155
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Finance and Tax
• CS by Military and Veterans Affairs and Space read 1st time -SJ 196
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax, 02/13/20, 12:30 pm, 401 Senate Building
• Favorable by Finance and Tax; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 324
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/27/20, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/03/20
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.