HJR 877: Ad Valorem Tax Discount for Spouses of Certain Deceased Veterans Who Had Permanent, Combat-Related Disabilities
JOINT RESOLUTION by Killebrew ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Altman ; Eagle ; Fine ; Hill ; Magar ; Stark ; Webb ; Zika
Ad Valorem Tax Discount for Spouses of Certain Deceased Veterans Who Had Permanent, Combat-Related Disabilities; Proposes amendments to State Constitution to authorize surviving spouse of deceased veteran to carry over certain discounts on ad valorem taxes on homestead property until surviving spouse remarries or sells or otherwise disposes of property, if, upon veteran's death, veteran had permanent, combat-related disabilities; authorizes discount to be transferred to another permanent residence if surviving spouse has not remarried.
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; Ways and Means Committee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 74
• On Committee agenda-- Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee, 01/15/20, 9:30 am, 12 HOB
• Introduced -HJ 74
• Favorable by Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 393
• Now in Ways and Means Committee -HJ 393
• On Committee agenda-- Ways and Means Committee, 02/11/20, 9:30 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Ways and Means Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 534
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 534
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 02/20/20, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 21 NAYS 0 -HJ 629
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 629
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/03/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 698
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 728
• Passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 728
• In Messages
• Referred to Military and Veterans Affairs and Space; Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 416
• Withdrawn from Military and Veterans Affairs and Space; Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 405
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for SJR 1076 -SJ 405
• Received -SJ 416
• Read 2nd time -SJ 405
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 460
• Passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 461
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 805
• Signed by Officers and filed with Secretary of State, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 879 (Ch. 2020-179)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.