CS/HB 1083: Student Mental Health Procedures
GENERAL BILL by PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee ; Webb ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Brown ; Bush ; Byrd ; Daniels ; Donalds ; Duran ; Eskamani ; Fetterhoff ; Good ; Grieco ; Joseph ; Plasencia ; Santiago ; Slosberg ; Smith, C. ; Williams
Student Mental Health Procedures; Requiring verification that certain strategies have been utilized and certain outreach has been initiated before a principal or his or her designee contacts a law enforcement officer under specified circumstances; providing an exception, etc.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 Senate - Died in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 945 (Ch. 2020-107)
Bill Text: PDF
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee; Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 94
• Introduced -HJ 94
• PCS on Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee, 02/04/20, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS by PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 505
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Original reference(s) removed: Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee
• CS referred to Health and Human Services Committee; Education Committee
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 503
• CS by PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 499
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 02/12/20, 10:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 551
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 551
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 02/26/20, 9:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Education Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 667
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 667
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 940
• Amendment(s) adopted (316531) -HJ 940
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 989
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1022
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 1022
• In Messages
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Rules -SJ 656
• Received -SJ 656
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 945 (Ch. 2020-107)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.