CS/CS/HB 1139: Economic Development
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee ; Clemons ; Polsky ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Alexander ; Ausley ; Bell ; Brannan ; Drake ; Payne ; Pigman ; Roth ; Shoaf ; Smith, D. ; Stone
Economic Development; Revises provisions relating to Florida Development Finance Corporation, including membership & meeting requirements, annual reporting requirements, certain contracts, & bonds issued by corporation; specifies duties of regional economic development organizations; revises provisions relating to grant requirements, amounts, & eligibility; revises provisions relating to workforce services to replace CareerSource Florida, Inc., with state board or DEO; revises provisions relating to operation, purpose, requirements, structure, & authority of CareerSource Florida, Inc., & state board.
Last Action: 2/24/2020 House - CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 636
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Workforce Development and Tourism Subcommittee; Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 100
• Introduced -HJ 100
• On Committee agenda-- Workforce Development and Tourism Subcommittee, 02/04/20, 9:00 am, 12 HOB
• Favorable by Workforce Development and Tourism Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 1 -HJ 505
• Now in Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 505
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/10/20, 1:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 533
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 532
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 547
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 02/20/20, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 23 NAYS 0 -HJ 639
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 638
• CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 636
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.