CS/HB 1271: State Economic Development Entities
GENERAL BILL by Workforce Development and Tourism Subcommittee ; Mariano
State Economic Development Entities; Revises provisions relating to workforce services to replace CareerSource Florida, Inc., with state board or DEO in relation to implementation of federal Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act; authorizes, rather than requires, certain funds to be reserved for Incumbent Worker Training Program; revises provisions relating to operation, purpose, requirements, structure, & authority of CareerSource Florida, Inc., & state board; authorizes DEO to consult with state board to issue certain technical assistance letters; authorizes Auditor General to conduct audit of certain entities & programs; requires workforce development strategy to be approved by Governor; provides that certain persons may be removed from board for cause; revises membership, annual reporting requirements, & certain contracts relating to Florida Development Finance Corporation.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 House - Died in Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 113
• Referred to Workforce Development and Tourism Subcommittee; Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 399
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Workforce Development and Tourism Subcommittee, 02/04/20, 9:00 am, 12 HOB
• CS by Workforce Development and Tourism Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 1 -HJ 505
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 503
• CS by Workforce Development and Tourism Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 501
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.