CS/HB 1179: Nondiscrimination in Organ Transplants
GENERAL BILL by Health Market Reform Subcommittee ; Fischer ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Eskamani
Nondiscrimination in Organ Transplants; Prohibits certain entities from making certain determinations or engaging in certain actions related to organ transplants solely on basis of individual's disability; provides exceptions; provides cause of action for injunctive & other relief; prohibits certain insurers, nonprofit health care service plans, & HMOs that provide coverage for organ transplants from denying coverage solely on basis of individual's disability.
• Referred to Health Market Reform Subcommittee; Appropriations Committee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 104
• Introduced -HJ 104
• On Committee agenda-- Health Market Reform Subcommittee, 01/28/20, 3:30 pm, Mashburn Hall
• CS by Health Market Reform Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 463
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Health Market Reform Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 469
• Original reference(s) removed: Appropriations Committee
• CS referred to Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 482
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 482
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 02/12/20, 10:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 551
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 551
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/26/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 652
• Read 3rd time -HJ 652
• CS passed; YEAS 111 NAYS 0 -HJ 653
• In Messages
• Referred to Health Policy; Banking and Insurance; Appropriations -SJ 474
• Received -SJ 474
• Withdrawn from Health Policy; Banking and Insurance; Appropriations -SJ 652
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1556 -SJ 652
• Read 2nd time -SJ 652
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 664
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 664, 665
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1129
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2020-139
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.